The Telerik Data Access API Reference documentation is available to you as an off-line resource. To take advantage of it, you need to download it from the Telerik's site with the help of your Telerik account, and to install it on your development machine.
This article will guide you through the process of obtaining and maintaining the API Reference documentation:
- Downloading the Telerik Data Access API Reference Documentation
- Installing the Telerik Data Access API Reference Documentation
- Working with the Telerik Data Access API Reference Documentation
- Updating the Telerik Data Access API Reference Documentation
- Removing the Telerik Data Access API Reference Documentation
To get the latest version of the Telerik Data Access API Reference documentation you need perform the following steps:
Log in to your Telerik account with the help your credentials.
In case you need to create a new Telerik account, you will have to download and install Telerik Data Access through it, in order to have an access to the API Reference documentation.
From the dropdown menu select Account overview.
From the Products & Subscriptions menu, select Free products.
Click on the Download button in the Data Access Free Edition section.
In the Documentation section, click on Integrated API Reference to download the archive that contains the API Reference documentation.
Save the archive on your local storage.
To install the Telerik Data Access API Reference documentation on you development machine, you can apply the following worflow:
- Extract the downloaded archive in a folder on your local storage, and navigate to it. You will notice two sub-folders:
- The CHM folder contains the TelerikDataAccessApiReference.chm file, which delivers the API Reference documentation in format that can be opened with Microsoft HTML Help Executable.
- The Visual Studio 2010, 2012 and 2013 folder has the following content:
- To access the API Reference documentation without integrating it within Visual Studio, you can run the TelerikDataAccessApiReference.chm file from the CHM folder.
- To integrate the API Reference documentation in Visual Studio, you need to run the Install_TelerikDataAccessApiReference.bat file. It will take care to uninstall any previous versions of the Telerik Data Access API Reference documentation, and to install the current one for all supported versions of Visual Studio available on your side.
Once the Telerik Data Access API Reference documentation is installed on your development machine, you need to configure Visual Studio to open it when the F1 key is pressed within your code. To do so, you can apply the following steps:
- Run Visual Studio as Administrator.
From the Help menu, select Set Help Reference \ Launch in Help Viewer.
Additionally, you can access the API Reference documentation by starting Help Viewer either through the Help menu in Visual Studio or by pressing Ctrl + F1 while Visual Studio is running.
To update the Telerik Data Access API Reference documentation, you need to download the appropriate version from the Telerik's site and to apply the Installing the Telerik Data Access API Reference Documentation process.
To remove the version of Telerik Data Access API Reference currently available on your development machine for all supported versions of Visual Studio you can run the Remove_TelerikDataAccessApiReference.bat file.
Check out the most frequently asked questions. There you can find answers to questions about what Telerik Data Access is and what it does.