WCF RIA Services simplifies the development of n-tier solutions for Rich Internet Applications (RIA), such as Silverlight applications. A common problem when developing n-tier RIA solutions is to coordinate the application logic between the middle tier and the presentation tier. In order to create the best user experience, you want your RIA client to be aware of the application logic that resides on the server, but you do not want to develop and maintain the application logic on both the presentation tier and the middle tier. RIA Services solves this problem by providing framework components, tools, and services that make the application logic on the server available to the RIA client without requiring you to manually duplicate that programming logic. You can create a RIA client that is aware of the business rules and knows that the client is automatically updated with the latest middle tier logic every time when the solution is re-compiled.
The topics in this section show you:
- How to generate a new WCF RIA Service based on Telerik Data Access by using the RIA Wizard. Read more
- What is the outcome of the service generation. Read more
- How to: Extend Domain Service. Read more
- How to: Add Non-Persistent Properties on the Client. Read more
- How to: Update the Generated Service. Read more
- How to: Handle Relationships. Read more