However, before choosing one product over another, you need to consider existing implementation specifications.
The Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC helpers (Kendo UI MVC wrappers) provide the following benefits:
- They provide for server-side data binding and in some cases, server-side rendering.
- You can use the
ToDataSourceResultextension method to bind Kendo UI widgets to server-side collections, and perform data operations such as paging, sorting, filtering, and grouping.
- They provide integration with some ASP.NET MVC features such as security trimming, localization with resource files, or editor templates.
- They support unobtrusive validation based on Data Annotation attributes.
- The Visual Studio IntelliSense is available for the server-side configuration syntax.
- They enable Visual Studio Extensions for automatic creation of new Kendo UI ASP.NET MVC applications, or adding Kendo UI to existing projects, or automatic updating of the Kendo UI version.
- You are able to use scaffolding to generate widget declarations and related controller action methods.
- They allow for a complete server-platform independence. The widgets can be used with any web server and server framework—including ASP.NET MVC. For example, you can build Single Page Applications with any RESTful backend.
- They provide full control over the placement of the initialization scripts—server wrappers render the widgets' initialization scripts right after the widget's HTML output. Even if you use deferred initialization, the scripts are still kept in the View. When using plain (non-wrapper) Kendo UI widgets, you write the initialization scripts yourself and can move them to external script files.
- They support the integration with the MVVM, AngularJS, and Single Page Application development patterns. Server-side wrappers are not intended to be used with these.
- Visual Studio IntelliSense is supported for the client-side API.
You can use Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC helpers and vanilla Kendo UI widgets at the same time on the same page, if a specific scenario requires that.
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC Overview
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC Custom DataSource
- Validation with Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
- Globalization with Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
- Localization with Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
- Tutorials on Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC Fundamentals
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC NuGet Packages
- Scaffolding with Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC
- Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC Troubleshooting