Package Load Failure
You receive a "Package Load Failure" error message while running Visual Studio after installing Test Studio.
The error may appear due to missing "Unit Testing Tools" package in Visual Studio. There is an option to uncheck those tools when installing Visual Studio 2008. Installing the tools back will resolve the problem.
To troubleshoot the error further, follow the steps from the MSDN blog post here:
- Open a command prompt and then change to the IDE subdirectory. Normally, for VS2008, the default is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE
- Enter: devenv /ResetSkipPkgs at the command prompt. The purpose is to reset any Skip Package Load flags that were turned on during previous sessions. See if you still get the Package Load Failure dialog.
- If you do, then we're going to ask for you to create a log of VS2008 loading. To do that, exit VS2008, and at the command prompt enter:
- Let VS load and get the error, close the error dialog, and close VS. A log should have been created, but you may have to do a little hunting for it because it's created in your AppData folder. Typically this is:
- The file is called ActivityLog.xml. Please send us that file to study. Open a support ticket to attach files.