Use this feature to put two Runs side by side and identify potential regressions.
- Click the Compare button in the Performance tab.
- Select two results to compare in section 1.
- Click View to go to the Overview of that profile.
- Click the double arrow icon to flip the comparison of profiles A and B.
Set a limit to the difference threshold in section 2. Click Reset to set thresholds back to zero.
View the data for each step in the Comparison Results section.
- Click Expand to show details for each step.
- Click Collapse to hide all details.
- Click the arrow icon by a step to expand or collapse its details.
- Click the Compare button in the upper right of the Overview screen.
- Select a Run in each drop-down menu. You can easily identify a Run by its date, time, and whether it's the Benchmark. Click
- Run 1 is shown on the left (outlined in teal ) as the baseline with the standard Overview statistics. Run 2 is shown on the right (outlined in orange ) and its statistics are shown as improvements (green) or regressions (red) compared to Run 1.
- Each step of the two Runs compared is also represented on the bar graph
below the grid. The bars are color-coded in teal and orange as well.
- Use the Comparison Threshold drop-down to set the time tolerance (in milliseconds) for Total Time, Size, Server Time, and
Client Time comparisons.
- Click Done Comparing in the upper right to return to the main Overview.