Convert to Automated
Once most or all of the steps of your manual test are automated, you can convert the test to an automated Web or WPF test.
- Click the Project tab on the left bottom pane.
- Highlight the manual test.
- Click All Test Properties button.
- Find the IsManual setting in the Properties pane.
- When checked, the test is executed with the manual test runner:
When unchecked, the test is executed with automated test runner:
- Mark manual steps as Pass, Fail, or NotRun.
- Fast Forward automated steps.
- If all steps are automated, no tester intervention is required and results are available upon test completion.
- If the test still contains manual steps, the test will pause at each one and prompt the tester to execute the step, enter a comment, and Pass or Fail the step. Manual Steps in automated tests are outlined here.