Submit a Support Ticket
You can submit your support ticket after you login in http://www.telerik.com/account/support-tickets/available-support-list.aspx
For timely issue resolution, provide as much information as possible in your initial ticket.
Provide precise steps to reproduce the issue. Please include:
Clearly ordered steps to follow.
- Screen shots and explanations of the expected and actual state of the application.
- A screen recording of the issue. Download Jing for free, upload the recording to their server, and provide the link.
Copy and paste the entire message and/or provide a screen shot of it.
- For test step failures, use the Export Result to File feature from the Step Failure Details.
- Example: The test failed on an action or verification step.
- For Test Studio application errors, Generate an Application Log.
- Example: The Test Studio program itself, or Internet Explorer with the recording toolbar attached, displays an error.
- For Scheduling errors, export the log from the Scheduling Service Log Reader
- Example: The scheduled test run does not execute at the specified time on the Execution Server.
- For installation errors, Create an Installer Log File.
- Example: An error displays while installing Test Studio and prevents a successful installation.
- For issues with licensing, product activation, or accessing virtual users, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is your application publicly accessible?
- If so, grant access to the support team by providing a basic test or project that logs in and immediately demonstrates the problematic behavior. If you log in via a Test as Step, include that test.
- If not, does a public site exhibit the same behavior? Provide a test against that instead.
- If the issue is specific to your web application and it's private, send a Fiddler trace of the behavior. To generate a Fiddler trace, download FiddlerCap, a simplified Fiddler trace capturing tool.
- If the issue is specific to your Silverlight Out-of-Browser or WPF application, send the entire app. If this is not possible, create a small sample app that demonstrates the issue.
- To ask multiple, unrelated questions, please submit a separate ticket for each question. This allows us to more efficiently address your issues.
- After you open a ticket, please update that ticket with related questions, or create new tickets for unrelated questions.
Note: Support tickets allow the following extensions: zip, rar, ace, jpg, gif, css, png. Typically you'll need to place files within a .zip file before attaching.
Note: There is a 20 MB size limit for file attachments. If your project exceeds this, make a copy of it and remove tests not related to the issue. Also remove one or more of the following potentially unnecessary components:
|Project Item ||Description ||Action |
|Results folder ||Contains test list result files. |
|Remove if issue is not related to test list results. |
|Backup folder ||Contains archived versions of the project before upgrading. |
|Remove if issue is not related to upgrading. |
|.resx files ||Each .tstest (or .aii) test file contains a corresponding .resx file that contains the Storyboard images. |
|Remove if issue is not Storyboard-related. |
|Bin folder ||Contains .dll and .pdb files for the project. ||Remove. These files will be regenerated. |
|Data folder ||Contains a copy of external data sources added to the project. |
|Remove if issue is not dependent on external data. |
|Profiler Configurations folder ||When you create a new test, a corresponding .tsprofconfig file is created for it. This "skeleton" configuration file will hold custom settings if you choose to execute Performance runs for that test. |
|Remove if issue is not Performance-related. |