Configuring Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 for Test Automation
If you plan on running Telerik test automation on either Windows Server 2003, 2008, or 2012 and use IE, you will need to uninstall the Windows component Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration. This component is a great feature and highly recommended for machines actually being used as production servers. However, it interferes with test automation running against the IE browser.
Remove Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration on Windows Server 2003
- Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Scroll down and uncheck Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration.
- Click Next.
- When Windows has completed its configuration changes, click Finish.
Remove Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration on Windows Server 2008/2012
For Server 2008:
- Click Start > Administrative Tools > Server Manager.
- In the Security Information section find and click on Configure IE ESC (in the box on the right).
- Turn off IE ESC for both Administrators and Users.
- Click OK.
- Close Server Manager.
For Server 2012:
- Open Server Manager.
- In the left pane, select the server.
- In the right pane under Properties, disable IE Enhanced Security Configuration.