- Not all test steps play out directly inside the browser. Web pages can display popup dialog windows in the form of alerts, confirmations, and other browser instances.
- Test Studio allows you to track and respond to dialog windows and can handle HTML popups and Win32 dialogs.
- An HTML popup is a new browser window that is detected automatically. Test Studio will prompt you to automate the popup.
- A Win32 dialog is not a browser window, but a dialog displayed by the Windows operating system.
- Test Studio typically inserts the appropriate handler into your test automatically when recording against a dialog. You can also insert a dialog handler manually, however.