While you edit your app in the Views service (formerly Screen Builder), you can see your changes in real time in the device simulator on the right. This simulator is based on the device simulator available in the Code tab.
When working with a Native app, in the device simulator, you will see a preview of the business logic and functionality of your NativeScript app. The UI for this preview has been generated using Kendo UI Mobile and might not resemble the UI as it will look on an actual device.
For Native apps, you cannot preview views generated from custom templates.
In the device simulator in the Views service, you can perform the following tasks:
- Interact with your app.
- Configure the simulated device.
- To change the selected device, click the device drop-down menu and select a simulated device from the list.
- In the main menu of the simulator, click Version and select an option from the list.
- Set device orientation.
- In the main menu of the simulator, click the flip icon to flip the device.
- In the main menu of the simulator, click counter clock-wise rotation arrow to rotate the device counterclockwise.
- In the main menu of the simulator, click clockwise rotation arrow to rotate the device clockwise.
- Manually synchronize changes.
- In the main menu of the running simulator, click the refresh icon. This operation refreshes your app in the simulator and preserves the current application screen.
- In the main menu of the running simulator, click the download icon. This operation reloads the simulator module without closing it. Your app reloads and returns to the application home screen.
- Zoom in and out by using the slider.