You can create a Data Connector to Salesforce using a Graphical User Interface (GUI) if you log in to the Telerik Platform portal. The creation process includes specifying connection information such as network address, username, and password.
You need to create a Data Connector for each Salesforce instance that you want to expose to the cloud.
To create a new Data Connector using the Telerik Platform portal, click Data > Data Connectors in the left navigation pane and then click the Salesforce tile.
You need to supply the following information:
- Name—The name that you would like to use for your Data Connector. It must start with a letter and contain only alphanumeric characters.
- Salesforce Login URL—The login URL of the Salesforce login service. Usually, login.salesforce.com for cloud-based solutions.
- User ID—The username for the Salesforce account.
- Password—The password for the Salesforce account.
- Security Token—An automatically generated security key used for connecting client applications to Salesforce. Can be obtained or reset using the Salesforce portal.
Before creating the Data Connector, you have the option to test the connection. The Test button checks whether Telerik Platform can connect to the specified Salesforce instance using the specified credentials.
- Creating a Salesforce Data Connectors Content Type Using the Portal
- Managing Content Types Using the Administration API
- Managing Data Connectors Using the Administration API
- Introduction to Salesforce Data Connectors
- Introduction to Data Connectors