To troubleshoot and identify possible issues with your Data Link Server instance, you can inspect the log files.
The Data Link Server is writing to two log files:
- Operation log—Depending on the log level, this file can contain anything from error messages to every single request made to the Data Link Server. It is named
- Service log—Contains information about the state of the system service/process. It is named differently depending on the OS:
To inspect logs stored on your Data Link Server machine, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the current installation folder of the Data Link Server.
- Open the
- Locate the log file you are interested in.
- Open it with you preferred text editor.
You can control the verbosity of the operation log using the