The Progress AppManager web catalog is a mobile web app that you can open from your mobile browser to view and download apps distributed through AppManager. It offers design and functionality similar to the AppManager mobile app. This article explains how to sign up for AppManager and then start using the web catalog.
There are a few things that you must have in mind when using the AppManager web catalog:
- You can open the web catalog from most desktop and mobile browsers. However, the catalog shows only apps that can be installed on the current device, so you will not see any apps in desktop browsers and mobile browsers running on unsupported operating systems (e.g. Blackberry). Opening the catalog in such cases is only meaningful if you want to view or edit your user profile.
- Due to some specifics of the Firefox browser for Android, it cannot be used to browse available Android apps. You can still use it to view and edit your profile.
- Opera Mini for Android is not supported by the web catalog.
You must have an account in an AppManager account to have access to AppManager's distributed apps. However, you cannot apply for signup yourself. Instead, a account administrator must invite you by email.
The invitation email contains a link to the AppManager user sign-up page where you can fill in your data, such as name, company and phone, and complete your registration by specifying a password. The only field you cannot modify is the user name, which always matches your invitation email address.
When you finish your registration, AppManager will send you a welcome email containing a link to the web catalog. You need to open this link from the mobile device on which you want to install apps and log in with the credentials specified during the sign-up.
Since the web catalog filters only apps compatible with the current OS used to browse it, if you open the catalog from a desktop browser or a mobile browser running on an unsupported operating system, you will not see any apps.
Once you log into the web catalog, you will see a list of all apps that are currently available for you to install. You can tap an app icon to see more information, rate the app, or download it.
To install an app:
- Tap the app icon in the Apps screen.
- Tap Download.
- Upon successful download, open the downloaded package.
(Android only) Before downloading an app package on your Android device, make sure that you allow installation of apps outside of Google Play store. Go to Settings -> Security and check Unknown sources.
To get to the Profile page you need to open the menu drawer and tap the profile picture on the top. The Profile page displays your profile picture and name. Here, you can:
- Reset your password
- Sign out from the web catalog
- Edit your user profile
To edit your profile:
- Tap Edit in the top right corner or tap your profile picture.
- (Optional) Tap your profile picture to change it.
- (Optional) Modify your details - name, company, phone, etc.
- Tap Done in the top right corner.