This article will explain how to invite users to your AppManager account and assign them to distribution groups. Users need to be registered in your AppManager account in order to install apps using the AppManager mobile app, the web catalog or email distribution.
This article applies to private app distribution only. If you have set your app to Public, users do not need to register in AppManager and you can directly send them a download link. To learn more about public app distribution, see this article: Private vs. Public App Distribution.
This guide assumes that you have already added an app in App Distribution Portal. If you do not have added an app yet, go through this tutorial first: Publishing Your First App.
Distribution groups are groups of users who have access to certain apps in your account. If you publish an app without any distribution groups assigned, nobody will be able to download and install it.
Follow these steps to add a distribution group in AppManager:
- Navigate to the Users screen from the side navigation under App Distribution.
- Click Add Group.
- Modify the group details:
- Type in a group name.
- Choose which app(s) will be available to the users of the current group.
- Click Add Group.
The next step explains how to add a user to your new distribution group.
You can add users to your AppManager account by inviting them to register. They will then receive an email with instructions for completing their registration. To send out such invitations, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Users screen from the side navigation.
- Click Invite User.
- Type in the email addresses of the people whom you want to invite.
- Check a group in the Distribution grid. AppManager will add the users to the group when they register successfully.
- Click Send invitation.
It is also possible to import a larger number of users in AppManager using a CSV file.