AppManager lets you view the information that each user submits during registration as well as a list of their registered devices and installed apps. This information is available in the Edit User page where you can also modify a user's assigned distribution groups. When editing distribution groups, you determine what apps are available to each user.
This article explains how to open a user's profile, review the available information, and change their assigned distribution groups.
This article assumes that there is at least one registered user in your AppManager project. If you have not invited any users yet, go through this article: Inviting Users.
Follow the steps below to view and edit a user's profile:
Click Users in the side navigation under App Distribution.
AppManager shows a list of all registered users, the number of registered devices they have, and the groups they belong to.
- Select the user that you want to edit.
AppManager shows additional information about the user, including their name and job, email address, assigned distribution groups, registered devices, and installed apps.
- Modify the user's distribution groups if you want to change their permissions to view apps.
- Check Send push notifications if you want AppManager to send the user a push notification to their AppManager mobile app about new apps availability if they have access to new groups.
- Check Distribute by email if you want AppManager to send the user an email containing a list of their newly available apps, based on the groups you assigned them to.
- Click Save Changes.
AppManager applies the permissions to view apps as per your modifications. The next time the user refreshes the apps list in AppManager or the AppManager web catalog on their device, AppManager will update the list according to the new permissions.
If you want to send the user an email with all available apps after the update, you can do so in the Users page:
- Select the user.
- Click Resend.
- Select Resend email notification.