This article describes the Devices page in the App Distribution Portal—what information it contains, how it is gathered and how you can use it.
To view the Devices page, navigate to App Distribution -> Devices.
In the Devices page in the App Distribution Portal, you get one-click access to information about the devices registered by your users. For each registered user device, you can see the:
- device model
- device owner (user)
- device UDID / hardware device ID
- installed apps and their versions
- device OS and version
- device registration date
This information is useful in a lot of scenarios. Following are a few examples:
- Learn whether all users run the latest version of your app.
- Learn when a user has registered a new device and the overall number of devices each user has registered.
- Learn what OS and version your users mostly use to decide what platforms you should support in future apps and updates.
- Gather device UDIDs for generating new Apple provisioning profiles.
- Click the user email in a device record to see more detailed information about the user who owns it.
Currently, information about installed apps is gathered automatically only from users using the AppManager mobile app. The information displayed in the App Distribution Portal is updated each time the user opens the AppManager mobile app.
There is an option to send out emails to newly registered users asking them to manually register each of their devices in AppManager. You can learn more about this process here: Invite Users to Your AppManager Account.
Information about installed apps is accurate for devices running iOS 8+. On older versions, an app is considered installed if the Download button in the AppManager mobile app has been clicked. Information about installed apps is always accurate for Android and Windows Phone devices.
Information about installed apps is not gathered when the device is registered in AppManager via email.
When you create Ad Hoc and Development provisioning profiles in the iOS Dev Center, you need to provide the UDIDs of all devices that are going to run your app. You can easily export the UDIDs of all devices registered in your AppManager account from the Devices page. To do this:
- In Telerik Platform, click Distribution.
- Open the Devices tab from the side menu on the left.
- Select the devices that you want to export.
- Click Export for iOS Dev Center.
AppManager exports a text file that you can use to import the devices in the iOS Dev Center in bulk. You can learn more about this here: Obtaining a Provisioning Profile.