Telerik AppFeedback allows beta users of your mobile app to send feedback about the app's features, issues found, improvement ideas, and so on. Its focus is on ease and speed of use, which maximizes your chances of receiving frequent and meaningful feedback.
Telerik AppFeedback is only available for Apache Cordova hybrid apps.
The Telerik AppFeedback workflow includes the following steps.
You integrate the Telerik AppFeedback Apache Cordova plugin or the native iOS or Android components in your mobile app by selecting the latest version from the Plugins Marketplace.
In the app, your user calls Telerik AppFeedback to send feedback.
You can configure how users call the feedback feature. Choose between the following methods or a combination of them.
- By device shake:
- On button tap:
- By device shake:
- In the app, the user adds comments on top of the screenshot taken by the Telerik AppFeedback plugin.
- The user sends the feedback.
- You review the feedback in the Telerik Platform portal and address it.
Using Telerik AppFeedback, your users can send feedback directly from your app. They don't have to take screenshots on their own, upload them or email them to you, or do other tasks that may daunt them. By containing the feedback experience in your app and making it as straightforward as possible, you are maximizing your chances of receiving it.
Feedback is stored in a central place, right in your app backend. It is not spread across your email, instant messenger, file storage, or other whatever other means of communication you have with your beta users.
Telerik AppFeedback consists of several parts:
- On the client:
- On the server:
- The Feedback service in your Telerik Platform app that collects the feedback sent by your users.
To use Telerik AppFeedback, you need to enable the Telerik AppFeedback Plugin for your hybrid mobile app in Telerik AppBuilder by Progress or integrate the native components for iOS or Android. For details, see Using the Telerik AppFeedback Plugin in Telerik AppBuilder.
After you integrate the Telerik AppFeedback on the client, it offers the following features inside your mobile app:
- It can take screenshots of the device screen.
- It collects system data about what device, such as OS and OS version.
- It allows the user to describe the feedback using text.
- It shows previously sent feedback along with the current state for each feedback item (open or resolved).
- It shows details about each feedback item—screenshot, description, etc.
The Feedback tab of your application is where you and members of your development team receive and manage the feedback sent by your users. To access it, log in to the Telerik Platform web portal, open your app, and click the Feedback tab.
On the Feedback tab you can:
- See all feedback sent for the application.
- Respond to feedback by asking for more details an so on.
- Assign feedback items to team members so you know who is responsible for handling the feedback.
- Mark feedback as resolved so you and your users know if the feedback has been implemented or resolved.