Product version: Icenium 1.5
Released: 2013, May 8
Last document update: 2013, May 30
New features and updates in this Icenium release are grouped as follows:
- General: New features and updates across all Icenium clients, tools and services
- Graphite: New features and updates in Graphite
- Mist: New features and updates in Mist
- Notable resolved issues: Notable resolved issues from earlier releases
In addition to the features and improvements available in Icenium 1.5, the latest update to build 2013.2.530.1 introduces an important bug fix.
In addition to the features and improvements available in Icenium 1.5, the latest update to build 2013.2.516.1 introduces an important bug fix.
For a list of issues you need to be aware of in this release, see Known Issues.
Icenium Everlive Cloud Services
You can develop hybrid mobile apps that consume the Icenium Everlive cloud-based backend services. You can create and open Icenium Everlive apps, created with Icenium and view content types and custom fields. For more information, see Icenium services, Working with Icenium Everlive and Introducing Icenium Everlive - the cloud backend for your apps.
Introduced support for Kendo UI DataViz
Icenium now supports Kendo UI DataViz 2013.1.319 to let you add interactive charts to your hybrid mobile apps. For more information, see Kendo UI DataViz.
Updated support for Kendo UI Mobile
Icenium supports Kendo UI Mobile 2013.1.319. The Kendo UI Mobile app template is updated to the latest supported version of Kendo UI Mobile.
Updated support for jQuery Mobile
Icenium supports jQuery Mobile 1.3.0. The jQuery Mobile template is updated to the latest supported version of jQuery Mobile.
New app template: Cross-Platform Device Application (Icenium Everlive Cloud Services)
The template is a sample social app that lets you sign up and log in, view the activity updates of your friends and publish your own activity updates. App data is stored and accessed from the Icenium Everlive Cloud Services. The app is developed with Apache Cordova, Kendo UI Mobile and Icenium Everlive.
Apps created with this template are added to your Icenium Everlive account. For more information, see Create a New App.
New app template: Cross-Platform Device Application (Kendo UI DataViz)
The template is a sample climate control app that presents weather and air conditioning data in various charts and graphs. The app is developed with Apache Cordova and Kendo UI DataViz. For more information, see Create a New App.
Updated support for PushPlugin
Icenium supports PushPlugin 1.2.2.
You can configure your iOS app to use audio, location, VoIP, Newsstand, Bluetooth and accessories in the background. This lets you create audio players, navigation apps, VoIP apps, etc.
Data Navigator pane
From the Data Navigator, you can view all apps associated with your Icenium Everlive account. In this pane, you can view content types, custom fields and their properties.
From the Dashboard, you can access the New, My Apps and Clone dialogs, the official documentation site, a list of the latest features and the feedback portal.
The new and updated icons and tooltips aim to improve your user experience.
Edit Business Logic
You can edit business logic (cloud code) for your Icenium Everlive apps.
Show Cloud Code log in the Logs pane
You can review the business logic (cloud code) log for your Icenium Everlive Cloud Services app in the Logs pane.
Redesigned and improved Run On Device dialog
The updated Run On Device dialog lets you select on which of the connected devices to deploy your app. You can identify and resolve issues without leaving the dialog.
Insert and overwrite modes in the Code Editor
You can switch between insert and overwrite mode in the Code Editor by pressing
When you want to clone a sample app, you can filter the available apps by typing in the Search text box.
Rename a workspace
You can rename your current workspace in Mist.
Rename an app
You can rename apps in Mist.
Set active build configuration
You can choose between Debug and Release build configurations. This setting respectively enables and disables LiveSync for builds that you issue from the Run On Device dialog.
Deletable Android splash screens
You can remove custom Android splash screens.
When you want to open an existing app or clone a sample app, you can filter the available apps by typing in the Filter text box.
Improved context menus
Context menus show the keyboard shortcut for an operation, if any.
The latest release of Icenium resolves a number of issues, including but not limited to the following list.
You might not be able to save your work.
In Mist or Graphite, after you deploy an app to device and LiveSync with the three-finger gesture on an iOS device or the Menu button on an Android device, you might not be able to save your work.
In Mist, after you deploy an app to Ion from a QR code, you might not be able to save your work.
- When you build for iOS devices, rsync error might appear on a random basis.
- If your Android application archive contains a zero byte file, you cannot deploy the app on device. The application unpacking cannot complete.
- If your Android application archive contains a zero byte file, you cannot LiveSync by using the Menu button.
When you attempt to LiveSync your changes, the following error message appears:
Error: data error.
- In the Resolve Synchronization Conflicts dialog, you cannot preview the cloud version of the file.
The dialog displays the local version of the file only.
- You cannot remove all permissions for your Android app from Properties → Android → Permissions.
If you remove all permissions and deploy the app on device Android prompts you to confirm that the app has all the permissions you have just removed.
- In the code editor, in
HTMLfiles, when you type a tag that does not require an end tag (such as
<meta>), Icenium adds an end tag. This behavior might cause errors in your code.
- After you update Graphite to the latest version, it might not load or run properly and you might need to delete the local cache manually.
- You cannot clone an app from the Github tab.
When you provide GitHub credentials, the following error message appears:
Sequence contains no matching element. The issue is caused by a change in the GitHub API.
- If you open and close a file before the synchronization with Icenium Cloud Services is complete, you cannot reopen the file in the current Graphite session.
When you create or open an app, Graphite needs to synchronize your local workspace with your workspace in the cloud. When you open and close a file before the synchronization completes, a
System.AggregateExceptionis added to the log and you cannot reopen the file. To open the file, you need to restart Graphite, open your app, wait for the synchronization to complete and then open the file.
- When you use relative paths to include resources in your app, the simulator renders them properly even though it should not be able to load them.
- You cannot test click events for the Kendo UI Mobile ListView widget in the simulator.
Click events do not fire in the simulator in Graphite.
- Apps created with the Bootstrap UI framework are not rendered properly in the simulator.
The application screens do not fit the device screen.
- In the code editor, you cannot scroll files with long lines. Scrolling in the file causes Graphite to freeze.
- In the code editor, you cannot block comment code in
HTMLfiles with the keyboard shortcut or from the context menu.
If you select code and press
- In the code editor, when you add comments at the top of a
JSfile, the following exception might be added to the log:
When logging into Mist, your login cookie might become corrupted and a server error might occur. You might not be able to continue your work.
To be able to run Mist again in your browser, you need to remove all cookies stored under the domain app.icenium.com.
- After you resolve version control conflicts for a file that is currently open in the code editor, the file in the code editor is not automatically refreshed.