The predefined header replaces any existing headers in the currently open file.
The predefined header is a global setting and you can insert it in multiple files and apps.
- Verify that the classic Windows desktop client is running and you are logged in.
- Verify that you have opened the code for your app in AppBuilder.
This operation is not available in the in-browser client.
This operation is not available in the universal desktop client.
- Set a default header.
- In the title bar, click your user name and select Options.
- In the Advanced tab, click Code Style → Common → File Header Text.
- Type the predefined header that you want to use.
In addition to plain text, you can use the following placeholders.
$DATE$: AppBuilder replaces the placeholder with the current date when the header is inserted in the code.
$AUTHOR$: AppBuilder replaces the placeholder with the user who is currently logged into the machine.
$PROJECT_NAME$: AppBuilder replaces the placeholder with the app name.
$FILE_NAME$: AppBuilder replaces the placeholder with the name of the file in which you are inserting the header.
- Click Ok.
- From the Project Navigator, open the
JSfile that you want to edit.
- In the code, right-click and select Code Commands → Introduce Header.
This operation is available only if you have installed the Telerik JustCode extension in addition to the extension for Visual Studio. For more information, see the Telerik JustCode Manual.
To perform this operation, apply the approach or tool available for your current IDE.
Write code with autocompletion and typing assistance.