You can search and replace content in the currently open app.
- Verify that your preferred AppBuilder client is running and you are logged in.
- Verify that you have opened the code for your app in AppBuilder.
This operation is not available in the in-browser client.
This operation is not available in the universal desktop client.
The Find and Replace dialog launches in unpinned mode.
Click the cogwheel icon and configure your search options.
Option Description Match case Specifies that the search criteria should respect the character casing. Match whole word Specifies that the search criteria should match only entire words. Use regular expressions Specifies that the search criteria is a regular expression for a more sophisticated search.
Enter the text that you want to find and the text that you want to replace it with.
- Click All to replace all search results.
You cannot replace single search results.
AppBuilder opens all files affected by the content replacement.
- (Optional) Close the Find and Replace dialog.
- (Optional) Review the modified files.
In the extension for Visual Studio, you can find and replace text with the default Find and Replace operations available in Microsoft Visual Studio. For more information, see Finding and Replacing Text.
To perform this operation, apply the approach or tool available for your current IDE.