With the extension for Visual Studio, you can use your preferred features of the Microsoft integrated development platform to increase productivity, improve code quality and work in collaboration when you develop cross-platform mobile apps.
The extension for Visual Studio checks for updates every time the application starts. If updates are available, the extension for Visual Studio prompts you to update.
- Verify that your system meets the requirements for installing the extension for Visual Studio. For more information, see System Requirements for the AppBuilder Extension for Visual Studio.
- In your browser, navigate to https://platform.telerik.com, select Telerik Platform, and log in.
- In the title bar, select Getting Started → Downloads.
- Click Code.
- Click Download for Extension for Visual Studio.
- Double-click the downloaded
- Select the Microsoft Visual Studio product installation for which you want to install the extension for Visual Studio, review the end-user license agreement, and click Install.
- (Optional) Click View Install Log to review installation details such as the installation directory.
- Click Close.
- Run Microsoft Visual Studio.
- (Optional) To verify that you are running the latest version of the extension for Visual Studio, select AppBuilder → Help → Check for Updates.
After you install the extension for Visual Studio, the AppBuilder menu becomes available in the main menu bar in Microsoft Visual Studio.
Launch Microsoft Visual Studio and begin the Quick Start tutorial.