With the simulator, you can simulate the look, feel and behavior of the app in a realistic manner. You can use the device simulator for debugging and for quick testing without deploying to multiple devices. Saved changes are automatically synchronized to the simulator.
When possible, run your app on a physical device in addition to running it in the simulator. Running on device provides the most accurate test results but running in the simulator is essential for debugging.
In this section, you will find the following resources:
- Limitations of the Device Simulator
- Launch the Simulator
- Create Custom Devices
- Configure the Simulated Device
- Simulate Pinch Gestures and Events
- Simulate Changes in User Location
- Simulate Network Connection Type
- Simulate a Contacts Database
- Simulate File Storage
- Synchronize Changes to the Simulator
- Take Screenshots in the Simulator