When you build an app with a development provisioning profile, you can debug it on device. The development provisioning profile is the only provisioning profile that enables debugging on device. With this type of provisioning profile, you can run your apps only on the devices included in the provisioning profile and you cannot publish apps in the App Store.
You can create a provisioning profile in the iOS Dev Center.
In the extension for Visual Studio, you can use the AppBuilder code signing assistance to create a development provisioning profile.
- Verify that you have a certificate for development created for your Apple developer account.
- Verify that you have registered an App ID for your app.
- Verify that you have registered at least one device with your Apple developer account.
- Verify that you are logged in the iOS Dev Center.
- Run Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- In the iOS Dev Center, click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- In the drop-down menu in the top left corner, verify that iOS, tvOS, watchOS is selected.
- In the left-hand sidebar, select Provisioning Profiles → Development.
- Click +.
- Select iOS App Development and click Continue.
- Select an App ID to associate with the provisioning profile and click Continue.
To be able to use one development provisioning profile across multiple apps, select a wildcard App ID, if available.
- Select one or more certificates for development to include in the provisioning profile and click Continue.
Only certificates for development are listed.
- Select one or more devices to include in the provisioning profile and click Continue.
- Provide a name for the profile and click Continue.
- (Optional) Click Download to download the provisioning profile.
- Click Done.
Add your provisioning profile in AppBuilder.
- Code Signing Glossary
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profile for iOS Development
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profile for App Store Distribution
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profile for Ad Hoc Distribution
- How to Create and Import an iOS Provisioning Profile Using the AppBuilder Extension for Visual Studio