To run an app on an iOS device without the Cordova developer app, you need to create it with a development or an Ad Hoc distribution provisioning profile. To create a development provisioning profile, you need a development certificate signed by Apple. With this development certificate, you can code sign an app during development in order to deploy it on device.
You can create a development certificate in the iOS Dev Center.
In the extension for Visual Studio, you can use the AppBuilder code signing assistance to create a development certificate and provisioning profile.
- Verify that you have created a certificate signing request and stored the corresponding
CSRfile on your disk. For more information, see Create a Certificate Signing Request.
- Verify that you are logged in the iOS Dev Center.
- Run Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- In the iOS Dev Center, click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- In the drop-down menu in the top left corner, verify that iOS, tvOS, watchOS is selected.
- In the left-hand sidebar, select Certificates → Development.
- Click +.
- Select iOS App Development and click Continue.
- On the About Creating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) page, click Continue.
- On the Generate your certificate page, click Choose File.
- Browse to the location where the
CSRfile for your code signing request is stored, select it and confirm the upload.
- Click Continue.
- (Optional) Click Download to download your certificate.
- Click Done.
Add your certificate in AppBuilder.
- Code Signing Glossary
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profiles for iOS Development
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profiles for Ad Hoc Distribution
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profiles for In-House Distribution
- Create and Install Certificate and Provisioning Profiles for App Store Distribution