This article will show you a few tips and tricks for working with the data visualization charts in the Analytics client
The screenshot below shows a standard data visualization from the Analytics client:
There are a few things to note about the data visualization chart:
- The time series visualization which will show your data trends over time.
- You can select any date in the time series and the tooltip will show you the exact values for all the series on that specific date.
- The piechart summarizes all the data to present and overall percentage view of the data within the time chart.
- You can also access the aggregated information using the tooltip on the piechart.
- The legend to the right shows the names of the items as well as their overall percentage.
- The Others item can be expanded to show additional items
The legend in the data visualization is interactive which means that you can selectively check and uncheck individual items to have them appear in the time series and the piechart. This can help you more easily get a visual understanding of the relationships between a specific set of series without having to disregard some of the series.
Furthermore, if you have many series in the data visualization, you can expand the Others item to reveal all the items that was part of the Others aggregated item and show these items selectively, using the same check and uncheck semantics.
Notice from the screenshot above how the Others item in the legend has been expanded to reveal the individual series that was aggregated into the Others item. You can now explicitly select to visualize just a few of these to compare and contrast as well as getting an immediate feel from the percentages that are available on the legend names