RadJumpList exposes a Style property which allows you to apply a style to it and modify its appearance.
You have two options:
- To create an empty style and set it up on your own.
- To copy the default style of the control and modify it.
This topic will show you how to perform the second one.
Modifying the Default Style
To copy the default styles, load your project in Expression Blend and open the User Control that holds RadJumpList. In the 'Objects and Timeline' pane, select
the RadJumpList control you want to style. From the menu choose Object -> Edit Style -> Edit a Copy. You will be prompted for the name of the
style and where to be placed.
If you choose to define the style in Application, it would be available for the entire application. This allows you to
define a style only once and then reuse it where needed.
After clicking 'OK', Expression Blend will generate the default style of the RadJumpList control in the Resources section of your User
Control. The properties available for the style will be loaded in the 'Properties' pane and you will be able to modify their default values. You can also edit the generated XAML
in the XAML View or in Visual Studio.
Some of the modifications will require to be made in the template of the control. It gets generated together with the style. To open the template into edit mode just go back to
the main scene, right click on RadJumpList and choose Edit Template -> Edit Current.
If you haven't generated the default style yet, you can choose Edit Template -> Edit a Copy. It will generate both the
style and the template.
This section will explain you how to style the most important features of RadJumpList.
- Background - changing the background is done by setting the Background property to the desired value.
- Group Header - to style the group header of the RadJumpList you have to set its GroupHeaderTemplate property to a
- Group Picker Item - to style the group picker item of the RadJumpList you have to set its
GroupPickerItemTemplate property to a DataTemplate.
- Open Animation - to modify the open animation for the RadJumpList's group picker you have to set the
- Close Animation - to modify the close animation for the RadJumpList's group picker you have to set the