The purpose of this section is to provide a detailed information about what will be visible in the Mapping Information view, when you select a primitive type (int, bool) field in the treeview.
When you select a primitive type in the treeview, the Mapping Information view should look like the snapshot below:
The following options are available:
- Transient (skip this field) - check this if the field should not be stored in the database.
- Serialize to Blob - check this if the field's value should be stored serialized into a Blob column.
- Field behavior - defines the fieldbehavior. It can be readwrite, readonly or insertonly. The default is readwrite.
- Database Column Name - sets the name of the database column.
- Database Column Type - contains a list with the supported database datatypes.
- Database Column SQL Type - contains a list with the supported SQL types for the selected database.
||If you want to have Unicode support with sql server, it is necessary to specify one of the "n-types" like nvarchar here.|
- Database Column Length - sets the length (or precision) of the database column.
- Database Column Scale - sets the scale (digits after the decimal point).
- Converter - currently the data converter feature is not implemented.
- Part of primary key - signals if the field is part of the primary key or not. This is specified by the identity class in case of multiple field identity and by the field that holds the identity information, in case of single field identity. In case of the internal identity, none of the users fields will serve as a primary key, so this box is never checked while using internal identity. This option is read-only.
- Throw an exception on commit if a field is null - controls the treatment of null values. By default the field is mapped to a column that allows null values. If "throw an exception" is checked then the field is mapped to a column that does not allow null values. In such a case, an exception on commit time will be thrown, if the value of the field is null.
- Default fetch group - controls whether the field is to be included, or not, in the default fetchgroup.
- Set field to current date during create - check this box to initialize datetime types, with the current value on initial creation.
- Set field to current date during update - check this box to initialize datetime types, with the current value updated on commits.