Azure (DevFabric) is one of the profilee types that JustTrace enables you to choose from.
Azure (DevFabric) profilee type allows you to profile local applications running
under development fabric (DevFabric).
The Stop DevFabric button
() shuts down the development fabric instance, by executing:
The Stop DevStore button
() shuts down the development store, by executing:
Deployment folder - absolute path to the deployment folder, as created by
CSPack /copyOnly. Visual Studio automatically deploys the application in
$(AzureProjectDir)\csx\$(Configuration). For example:
C:\Users\SomeUser\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\WindowsAzure1\WindowsAzure1\csx\Release
Service configuration file - absolute path to the service configuration file. For example:
C:\Users\SomeUser\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\WindowsAzure1\WindowsAzure1\bin\Release\app.publish\ServiceConfiguration.Local.cscfg
You can choose between several options according to your application settings:
- Use IIS Express - check this if your application is set to use
IIS Express. Leaving it blank, will configure JustTrace for profiling
IIS Web Server. These setups reside in your projects settings, under the Web tab.
- Use Emulator Express - check this if your application is set to use
Emulator Express. Leaving it blank means that your project is set to use
Full Emulator. These configurations reside in your projects settings, under the Web tab.
- Start Storage Emulator - tells JustTrace if the Storage Emulator
should be started within the profiling session.
Some other options to choose from:
- Do not open browser - session will start when a manual request is made.
- Open public endpoint URL in browser - with this option, JustTrace will look for the input URL
inside the profiled application. This equals to CSRun.exe /launchBrowser.
- Open specified URL in browser - the specified in the text box URL will be opened when the
profiling session begins.
- Use browser - select a browser to launch.
To learn more about profiler types refer to Profiler Types topic.
After you finish configuring both the Profilee and Profiler press the Run button to start the profiler.