This topic outlines the steps required to install Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC.
Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC support the following operating systems:
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7.0
In order to use Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC the following additional tools must
be installed beforehand:
To develop ASP.NET MVC applications you need one of the following Integrated Development Environments:
The demo and source code projects are available for ASP.NET MVC 3.0 only.
Installing Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC
You can download Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC by logging in your
You can download any of the following files:
which is the windows installer for Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC. To install Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC
simply run that file.
which is a ZIP file containing the following files:
To install from the ZIP file extract the same to some location of your choice for example
C:\Program Files\Telerik\Extensions for ASP.NET MVC Q1 2011.
- Binary files (dll-s)
Sample ASP.NET MVC applications
- Full source code
- Product documentation
- Grid localization files
- Editor templates
The install location should contain the following folders:
- App_GlobalResources contains the localization files.
- Binaries contains the product assemblies. For ASP.NET MVC 3
use the Telerik.Web.Mvc.dll assembly from the Mvc3 folder.
For older versions of ASP.NET MVC use the Telerik.Web.Mvc.dll assembly from
the respective Mvc2 or Mvc1 folders.
- Content contains the themes - CSS files and images
- Examples contains the sample application (available only for ASP.NET MVC 3)
- EditorTemplates contains a few editor templates implemented via Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC
- Help contains this manual in compiled HTML format (chm)
- Source contains the full source code of Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC