In this article you will familiarize yourselves with the most important properties of the RadMaskedInput Control. We will also cover some basic scenarios in which the RadMaskedInput control can be used.
The RadMaskedInput control exposes a MaskType property which can be either "Text" or "Regex". It controls the type of the validation. If you choose to use a Text type, the Mask of the control should be set by utilizing the Mask Tokens. In case you decide to use a Regex for validating the input, you should set such to the Mask property.
The RadMaskedInput control exposes the following properties which you can configure:
- MaskType(MaskType): Used to set the validation type of the RadMaskedInput. You can set it to either Text or Regex.
- Mask(string): You should use this property to set the Mask of the control. It is of type string. In case of using Text validation, you should use the available Mask Tokens. Otherwise, a regular expression should be set.
- WatermarkText: Gets or sets the text used as watermark.
- WatermarkTextColor: Gets or sets the color of the text of the watermark.
- DisplayedText: Gets the displayed text.(Read-only)
- DisplayedTextColor: Gets or sets the color of the displayed text.
- DisplayedTextFont: Gets or sets the font of the displayed text
- DisplayedTextFontSize: Gets or sets the size of the font used for the displayed text.
- InvalidInputErrorText: Gets or sets the text that is shown as error message on invalid input
- ErrorColor: Gets or sets the color of the error text.
- ErrorFontSize: Gets or sets the font size of the error text.
- RejectedSymbolErrorText: Gets or sets the error text when a symbol was rejected.
The following examples show how to add a RadMaskedInput to your project.
MaskedInput with MaskType Text:
<telerikInput:RadMaskedInput x:Name="maskedInput" WatermarkText="Watermark" Mask="(CC) 00" MaskType="Text"/>
MaskedInput with MaskType RegEx:
<telerikInput:RadMaskedInput x:Name="maskedInput2" WatermarkText="Email Address" Mask=".+@[a-zA-Z]+\.[a-zA-Z]+" MaskType="Regex"/>