RadAutoCompleteTextView can automatically complete user input string by comparing the text being entered to all strings in the associated data source. The control provides means for easy customization and data management.
RadAutoCompleteTextView supports three different suggest modes:
- Suggest - Suggestions are shown in a drop-down list below the input field.
- Append - Only one suggestion is shown as an appended text to the input.
- SuggestAppend - Both Suggest and Append modes are applied.
RadAutoCompleteTextView supports two display modes.
- Plain - When Plain mode is active, only one item can be selected. The selected item is shown as a plain text in the input field.
- Tokens - In Tokens mode the RadAutoCompleteTextView allows multiple selection of suggestions. The selected items are displayed as tokens.
RadAutoCompleteTextView provides two different layouts of tokens when Tokens display mode is used.
- Wrap - Tokens are aligned in a grid manner.
- Horizontal - Tokens are aligned horizontally.
RadAutoCompleteTextView has two possible modes on which the filtering function is based.
- StartsWith - Shows only suggestions which start with the typed text.
- Contains - Shows suggestions which contain the typed text.
Figure 1. RadAutoCompleteTextView (iOS/Android)