Telerik Data Access Domain Model is a model for defining data as sets of objects and relationships to which common language runtime (CLR) persistent types and underlying relational artifacts can be mapped. The domain model enables developers to program against a conceptual schema instead of directly program against a database schema.
Telerik Data Access offers two model tools that are designed to help you graphically build applications: Telerik Telerik Data Access Create Model Wizard and Telerik Data Access Visual Designer. These tools work together to help you generate, edit, and update a domain model, as follows:
- Telerik Telerik Data Access Create Model Wizard allows you to generate a domain model from an existing database, add database connection information to the application, and generate C# or Visual Basic classes based on the database model. When the Telerik Data Access Create Model Wizard finishes generating a domain model, it launches the Telerik Data Access Visual Designer.
- The Telerik Data Access Visual Designer allows you to visually create and modify persistent classes, associations, mapping, and inheritance relationships.
In This Section:
- Attributes Editor
- Service Wizard
- Model Operations Dialog
- Convert from Entity Framework Wizard
- Convert from LINQ to SQL Wizard
- Create Model Wizard
- Domain Method Editor
- Dynamic Data Wizard
- Model Settings Dialog
- OpenAccessLinqDataSource Wizard
- Profiler and Tuning Advisor
- Samples Kit
- Update Database from Model Wizard
- Update from Database Wizard
- Visual Designer