Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), part of the .NET Framework, provides the first unified programming model for rapidly building service-oriented applications. It enables the development of secure, reliable, transacted services that interoperate with current Microsoft and non-Microsoft platforms.
WCF provides support for building REST style services. REST, an architectural style for building distributed hypermedia driven applications, involves building resource-oriented services by defining resources that implement uniform interfaces using standard HTTP verbs (GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE), and that can be located/identified by a URI.
This section demonstrates how exposes a Telerik Data Access Domain Model via WCF Services.
- ASP.NET Web API
- Plain Services
- Data Services
- RIA Services
- ATOM Services
- RESTful Collection Services
- How to: Customize Code Generation
- DTO Layer Concept
- How to: Extend the DTO Layer
- How to: Implement INotifyPropertyChanging/ed Interface on DTOs (C#)
- How to: Implement INotifyPropertyChanging/ed Interface on DTOs (VB)